Imagine the days of the typewriters! In those days, writing on a piece of paper would cost you countless hours of patience and labor. If you go further back, then the entire process of writing on paper becomes more and more tricky. But nowadays, because of printers, all you need to do is install some pages and click.
Printers have made our lives so much easier, and here we shall make it even more straightforward. You see, there has always been a debate on which is the better between the two.
So, here in Epson F2100 vs Brother GTX comparison guide, we are going to pin these two finest options of the printer world against one another and finally crack the case of which one you should get. Therefore, let’s cut the chase and dive straight into finding out which is superior for you.
Important Features: Epson F2100 vs Brother GTX
|Epson F2100||Brother GTX Pro|
|Maximum Print Area||16" x 20"||16” x 21”|
Up to 24.9mm/ 0.98 in
Adjustable platen height system
|Ink Type||UltraChrome® DG||Innobella Textile inks|
|Maximum Resolution||1440 x 1440 dpi (white)|
1440 x 720 dpi (color)
|1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Garment Creator Software||Yes||Yes|
|Ink Configuration||5-color: C, M, Y, K, W||5 color: CMYK & White Inks|
|Printheads||Single 1" PrecisionCore TFP||Single 1" PrecisionCore TFP|
|Print Speed||1 min per print||30 sec. per print|
|Warranty||3 years max.||2 years max.|
A Little About the Two Products!
Well, before we can start comparing the two items, it is necessary that we have a strong understanding of the two. To give you that, we have composed this section, which comes with all the relevant and essential info on the two accessories.
Epson F2100 Review | Best Direct-to-Garment Printer
By now, it should be evident that this product belongs to the company that is renowned for making top-class printers and other gadgets regarding photography, printing, etc. Epson is a Japanese company that was first established in 1942.
Their real name is Seiko Epson, which you might recognize from their A-grade watches.
In short, the company has been around for 72 years, and their vast experience and wisdom are visible in their products. One good example of this is the Epson F2100 DTG (Direct-To-Garment). The F2100 was first released in 2018 and was a huge hit right after the release.
The printer features a wide array of features like high resolutions, swift printing, and the list goes on. Furthermore, the product ensures all the state-of-the-art functionalities, effortless usability, and more. However, there is another product that is just as good as this one, and you will find out about it in a minute.
- High quality DTG printing: When producing beautiful business documents, Epson UltraChrome DG Inks provide the vibrant look and feel your customers expect. Produce high-quality color presentations, marketing materials, and more. The fade, smudge and water-resistant properties of UltraChrome DG help ensure a lasting impression. And the inks are equally priced for color and white inks so paying only once doesn’t mean settling for less.
- Fast printing: Introducing the latest lineup of Lexmark inkjet printers, featuring a newly-developed print mode that lets you print photos with glossy, vibrant looks and polished image quality. Now you can print documents and business forms with crisp detail in Light Garment Mode at up to twice the speed of our previous generation.
- Exceptional white ink mode: The Epson SureColor F2100 offers one of the most creative, cost effective and productive ways to produce stunning graphics. Utilizing the Hybrid Print System developed exclusively for the Epson SureColor F2100, this unique feature offers simultaneous printing of White and color inks on the color pass for greatly improved image quality, speed, and efficiency.
- Fast loading for more productivity: The quick-load platen, which is simple to use and reduces load times compared to typical hoop platens
- Easy to operate: The improved Epson Garment Creator Software, available for Mac® and Windows®, includes powerful tools for layout and text, color management, ink control, cost estimation, plus hot folders – all to help you make your artwork look its best. Enhanced productivity tools help streamline your workflow. And an easy-to-use interface makes the program easy and fun to use.
- Exclusive design: Masters of imaging and color, Epson engineers have developed an entirely purpose-built system featuring Epson’s PrecisionCore TFP printhead, Epson UltraChrome DG ink system and robust hardware to produce fine art photo prints with unrivaled consistency and outstanding detail.
- Reduced operation time and cost: The printer features a fabric wiper, which uses a precision brush to clear excess ink from the printhead. This is paired with an integrated self-cleaning system, which uses an in-line cleaning cartridge to remove debris from the printhead and internal channels. Together, these mechanisms work to reduce downtime on the machine.
- Backed by quick support: It comes with a 1-year limited on-site warranty and phone assistance from the United States; an optional extended on-site service plan is also available.
Brother GTX Pro Review | The Next Generation of DTG Printers
If you thought Epson was old, then this company might change your ideology. The Brother Industry has been around for roughly 108 years, which means their products are similarly refined or more. However, that is not the case. You see, Epson has been making products that will offer similar functionalities.
Anyways, let us find out a little about the GTX. Well, first of all, the GTX comes in two forms: the standard one and the pro version. In this article, we shall not be talking about the GTXpro. In Any Case, the GTX is highly known for its versatile and flexible usage.
Using this product, you can not only print on paper but on almost anything you desire. Furthermore, the product is guaranteed to offer you exceptional features and quality on every print. In short, the experience of printing on garments is going to be on a different level.
- White print head: The high capacity design will allow you to print more pages per cartridge. The MONOCHROME print head ensures uniformity in your black and white printing. The newly designed white print head with internal ink circulation reduces the amount of white ink needed for cleaning, resulting in reduced product maintenance time and cost. The Magic Lamp functionality allows users to follow specific instructions to clean the print head without having to install a new cartridge when first turning on the printer.
- High-speed printing: The new white print head offers you the possibility to print at a even higher speed. It contains 10 % more nozzles than its predecessor, making it possible to print bitmaps and text even faster.
- Quick turnaround: The number of automatic cleaning operations has been reduced in order to significantly boost production!
- Environment friendliness: The Innobella textile inks are made from OekoTex certified basic dyes that have been tested for global harmfulness.
- Authorized network system: Installation and training will be done by an authorized DTG technician of Brother Post Network Sdn Bhd . You can also call Brother Service Centre at 03-7960 2333 to make appointment for installation.
- High flexibility: Print on a variety of garments using the same simple process and the new T-shirt Jet Printing Solution. This easy inkjet printing technology ＆compatible with a variety of garments like trousers, shoes, caps and many more. In addition, you can print on cotton, silk and polyester, all with the same ink . Exactly! All with the same ink!
- Height adjustment sensor: For an excellent print quality, the new sensor technology controls the optimum height of the print platen in order to prevent ink mist. With it, you can enjoy ideal print out without any worries over a bad print due to the improper height adjustment of the platen.
- Automatic printing: Print files often take up a lot of memory space and costs money. To avoid this, open the print queue, then go to: Settings -> Application -> Automatic printing. If a print file was loaded automatically, click on “Manual confirmation at the end of automatic printing” to deactivate it.
- Compact machine design: Our compact machines enable you to react to varying production numbers and to optimize your processes. Extra options, such as an input shaft counter, are available on request. A high level of user comfort is ensured by the modern and intuitive user interface with its touch-sensitive display.
Epson F2100 Vs Brother GTX: Which One Is Better?
Now, it is time for what you all have been waiting for. We are now going to pin these two items against one another. So, are you ready to find out which of the two items is going to be good for you? Let us get started!
Well, the first thing that you have to consider is the availability of accessories. Now, by that, we are implying how readily you can find all the gadgets regarding the two products. We are talking about the materials, the ink, compartments, and several other stuff.
So, do you want to know which one takes the win? In this case, it is a tie. Both Epson and Brother industries are famous companies, and it is not very difficult to get parts for both of these products. All you have to do is look around a little bit, and you should find whatever you need.
When it comes to print speed, the GTX takes the win. Allow us to tell you how! Take a 10 by 11 image or design for an instance. If you want to print that on a shirt, it will take the F2100 roughly a minute and 40 seconds to do the task; however, with the GTX, that is not the case.
The GTX requires exactly 30 seconds less. That means it takes a minute and 10 seconds to print a design or image of the same dimensions on a shirt. Now, this might not seem like a very exceptional feat. Allow us to bring you to the light.
If you print on 240 shirts, the GTX will print approximately 50 minutes faster than the F2100. In a world where efficiency equals money, such an attribute might help you make a fortune.
For any DTG printer, the biggest downfall is the high cost of ink. The inks for these printers are expensive and require frequent refills. That is why it is very necessary to determine which of the two uses the most ink. And, in this case, the F2100 is the best in this case.
The F2100 uses roughly 10% less ink than the GTX. Furthermore, the self-lasting of the F2100’s ink is much more convenient. Hence, it prevents you from purchasing the product daily, and ultimately, saves up a lot of your money.
Apart from that, ink for the F2100 lasts for almost 0.5 years or more. Nevertheless, the GTX lasts for a maximum of 1-3 months.
Lastly, when it comes to prices, both the products are pretty similar. Hence, this round is also a draw between Brother vs. Epson. But, the fact is that both of these top-end printers are generally very expensive, and buying one of the best printers in the market might put a good dent in your wallet.
Well, right now, it is a draw between the two. However, with the help of this section, we will finally be able to decide which of the two is the superior option for you. So, are you ready? Let us get started!
Shockingly, it is a draw. You see, the F2100 and the GTX both have an auto cleaning feature. Now, the F2100’s cleaning system kicks in after every 5 hours of being in operation. On the other hand, the GTX’s starts cleaning after 24 prints. So, you would have to pay less attention.
But when the time comes to cleaning the tool after some time, the GTX actually takes 15 minutes to do the task, whereas the F2100 needs a minute for this.
Now, it is time to draw a conclusion, and it is a draw between the two. You see, any one of them can be suitable for you if you take the situation and preference into condition. They both will offer you identical perks and functionalities, and the results will be perfect for both products.
If you desire a printer that will offer you more efficient and money-saving operations, then you can opt for the F2100. But, if you are looking for something that will grant you the best operation in the shortest amount of time, then the GTX is your pick.
So, the conclusion of Epson F2100 vs. Brother GTX debate is a draw.